RAD READING-SEPTEMBER

This month I read It ends with us by Colleen Hoover

A collage graduate Lily Bloom moves to Boston for a fresh start after she finally leaves her abusive home that nobody knew about except for Atlas Corrigan. Atlas was a homeless teenager who was eighteen when Lily was fifth-teen and Lily helped him out by giving him food and secretly letting him sleep in her room since Atlas used to sleep in a abandoned house that was really cold so Lily would secretly help him out. After helping him out they both fall in love with each other and they date for a while until her dad finds out and it doesn’t go well. Not long after she’s in Boston her father dies. The day after the funeral Lily is in a rooftop in Boston and she meets a guy named Ryle Kankaid who she ends up dating little does she know that he is just as abusive as her dad was. One night when Lily, Ryle, and her mother are getting dinner at a new restaurant Lily sees Atlas and she’s shocked but she doesn’t tell Ryle. Then Lily and Ryle get married. Later on Lily realizes how abusive Ryle is and how he always takes his anger out on her and she starts to have second thoughts about continuing to be with him. And nobody knows except for Atlas. Then after two major accidents Ryle abuses her again because Ryle found the journals where Lilly wrote about Atlas when they were teenagers. And after that Lily gave up that was the last straw for Lily; she called Atlas for help. When she’s at the hospital she finds out that she’s pregnant and it wasn’t planned. Months later she keeps the baby; divorces Ryle and she has a happy ending. But there is a second book.

I recommend this book because it’s super good and really intense. It is a little sad sometimes but there is some really good parts. Of course like mostly every book the main character does struggle but the ending worth it. There is some quotes that are really good and hit hard which makes the book better. The beginning, middle, and end are all so good but the ending is awesome.

My favorite quote from the book is a quote from Ryle when they first met and he says “I feel like everyone fakes who they really are, when deep down we’re all equal amounts of screwed up. Some are just better at hiding it than others.” This is my favorite quote because it feel like it’s relatable.

My favorite character is Lily Bloom because she’s warm hearted and cares about people. She’s warm hearted because in the last sentence in the book she tells Ryle she she wants a divorce because he’s too abusive and after that she says “my mother went through it. I went through it. I’ll be damned if I allow my daughter go through it.” I kiss her on the forehead and make her a promise. “It stops here. With me and you. It ends with us.”

One thought on “RAD READING-SEPTEMBER”

1. Remember to capitalize the title of the novel. Also, you don’t need to italicize the author’s name…just the title of the book. 🙂